Gothic house

In October they’ll finish the “Gothic house” at Izmaylovsky prospect, 16, and suhomlinova the house on the corner of Yegorova and 5-th Krasnoarmeiskaya. For the sake of restoration of their facades in Companies limited movement.

In October they’ll finish the “Gothic house” at Izmaylovsky prospect, 16, and suhomlinova the house on the corner of Yegorova and 5-th Krasnoarmeiskaya. For the sake of restoration of their facades in Companies limited movement.

The apartment house has three Suhomlinova Egorova street, 18, 5-ya Krasnoarmeyskaya, 12-14, and 6-ya Krasnoarmeyskaya, 9 to 11. The building was built in 1825 by the architect Vasily Mochalskogo, in 1873-1874, the architect Edward Kruger has rebuilt and enlarged the house, and in 1911-1912-m Sergey ginger had another reconstruction of the building.

In the decoration of the facade buildings on the street Egorova used the characters of Greek myths, the facade on 5th Krasnoarmeiskaya street is decorated with sculptures of putti. Two pairs of cupids also are at the rotunda, crowning one of the corners of the house. Currently in the building which is a regional architectural monument is St. Petersburg College TV, cinema and show-business, as well as the administration municipal district “Izmailovo”.

Remontirovanija historic building last month start LLC “Revival of St. Petersburg” by the order of the Directorate of Chiapa. According to the information of administrative and technical inspection, a warrant for established forest expires at the end of October this year, the same should be completed and repair of buildings. Because of the restoration works of buildings and construction / dismantling of scaffolding up to October 31 will be limited traffic on the street Egorova, 6-th Krasnoarmeyskaya to 5-th Krasnoarmeiskaya street and 5th Krasnoarmeyskaya street, from Egorova Moskovsky Prospekt.

The second building commissioned by the Board of Chiapa restores the Company “Revival of St. Petersburg”, is a former tenement building agricultural partnerships “Landowner”, famous for its Gothic tower that can be seen in the perspective of the Izmajlovsky prospectus. It was built in 1911-1912 in the style of art Nouveau by architect Yakov Bluwstein.

The house opens onto two streets. The building, which is the revealed object of cultural heritage, go to various legends. One of them in it before the revolution were the house of tolerance, as evidenced by the statue of Venus, set in a niche in the rotunda. Another legend says that the building was connected by secret tunnels to the Warsaw and Baltic railway stations.

Works on repair of facades of the house began two years ago, in July 2011, and continue to this day. According to GATI, the restoration must end in the middle of October. Because of works carried out until 19 September will be limited movement on the even side of the Izmajlovsky prospectus between the Obvodny canal and 7th Krasnoarmeyskaya street, and on the 7 th red army.

In the highest pyramid of Mexico found the remains of the ancient sacrifices
Archaeologists excavating at Teotihuacan, at last, reached the center of the tallest pyramids in Mexico and discovered the ruins of an ancient ceremonial sacrifice, which was conducted before the construction…

Continue reading →

Spiritual heritage of Ukraine
To see some marvels of architecture and history, we travel far abroad, while it does not notice what is right under our feet. Let us today a virtual walk through…

Continue reading →

The old town square in Prague
Beautiful ancient city of Prague has many beautiful places, literally breathing with history. But one of the main attractions is the old town surface, the heart of the city, whose…

Continue reading →